Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics
Pleasant Grove ISD embraces the STEAM educational model as an interdisciplinary mindset that makes learning more engaging, relevant, and challenging for all students. It is an approach to teaching and learning that is student-centered and develops critical thinking, collaboration, problem-solving and communication skills while integrating Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics and making it applicable to real world learning experiences. STEAM education enables students to see and make connections across disciplines in ways that replicate real-life rather than in isolation. STEAM at Pleasant Grove ISD is a culture of learning where teachers at all grade levels and disciplines inspire students to explore what they learn more deeply, be innovative problem solvers and become creators and inventors.
PG is FULL STEAM ahead!
- Engineering is Elementary
- Arts Integration Institute, a John F. Kennedy Center Partnership Program
- Makey Makey Classroom STEAM Set
- 21st Century STEAM Math Lab
- STEAMify the Science Department, Research and Inquiry Based Tools
- Girls Who Code
- STEAMedu.com Leadership/Volunteer Teacher Certifications
- Hour of Code