PGISD Food Services Operated By:
Director of Food Services
Director of Dining Services
The Pleasant Grove Independant School District Food Services Department provides delicious food done well. We meet stringent federal nutrition standards for school meals, while ensuring meals are healthy, well-balanced and provide students the nutrition they need to succeed at school. Now is a great time to encourage your kids to choose school lunch!
School meals offer students a variety of protein choices and grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, and milk, which all must meet strict limits on saturated fat, calories, sodium, and portion size.
School meals must adhere to increased nutrition standards from the Federal Government, such as:
- Age-appropriate calorie limits;
- Larger servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving of produce);
- A wider variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes;
- Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free); and,
- More whole grains and less sodium.
We take pride in our program and it shows! We work to offer our students healthier and tastier choices. All of our meals are freshly-prepared daily at each school campus using only the finest ingrediends.
We invite you to come have lunch with your child and sample the freshness and variety of our offerings.