Texas State Assessments
Texas' student assessment program is designed to measure the extent to which a student has learned and is able to apply the defined knowledge and skills at each tested grade or course level. The Pleasant Grove ISD State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) 2019-2020 assessments are:
- Grade 3 - Reading and Mathematics (English and Spanish)
- Grade 4 - Reading, Mathematics, and Writing (English and Spanish)
- Grade 5 - Reading, Mathematics, and Science (English and Spanish)
- Grade 6 - Reading and Mathematics (English and Spanish)
- Grade 7 - Reading, Mathematics, and Science (English and Spanish)
- Grade 8 - Reading, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- End-of-Course (EOC) - Algebra I, English I, English II, Biology and U.S. History
Student Success Initiative (SSI)
Enacted by the 76th Texas Legislature in 1999 and modied by the 81st Texas Legislature in 2009, SSI grade advancement requirements apply to the STAAR reading and mathematics tests at grades 5 and 8. As specied by these requirements, a student may advance to the next grade level only by passing these tests or by unanimous decision of his or her grade placement committee that the student is likely to perform at grade level after additional instruction.
An alternative assessment based on alternative academic achievement standards designed for students with significant cognitive disabilities who meet the participation requirements for the same grades and subjects above.
Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS)
This testing system consists of reading tests and holistically rated assessments of listening, speaking, reading (K-12) and writing. TELPAS is designed to assess the progress that Limited English Proficiency (LEP) students make in learning the English language.
Credit by Examination
State Board of Examination rules require school districts to offer Examinations for Acceleratioon to students who wish to test for advancement to the next grade level or receive credit for a high school course for which he or she has had no prior instruction. For more information contact your school counselor or click the link below.