Inclement Weather Procedures
When inclement weather is a possibility, Pleasant Grove ISD district officials continually monitor weather conditions during the overnight and early morning hours. The district takes several factors into consideration before making a decision to cancel school, delay school, or dismiss school early due to inclement weather. These primary factors include:
- The health, safety, and welfare of students and staff.
- The safe transport of students and staff to school.
Cancellations, Delays, and Early Releases – How Decisions are Made
When inclement weather threatens normal school operations, the following steps are taken:
- District personnel evaluate the roadways and travel conditions across the district.
- The Superintendent consults with Pleasant Grove ISD transportation staff, emergency management officials, meteorologists, the highway department, sheriff’s department, and area districts.
- After taking into account all the information that is received from external and internal sources, the Superintendent will make a decision as early as possible whether to delay or cancel school.
- If a decision is made to delay or cancel school, Pleasant Grove ISD will communicate the details in a variety of ways.
The Communication Process – What Happens Next
When a decision is made to cancel school, delay school, or dismiss school early, the district will notify the community using the following modes of communication:
- Blackboard Mass Communication call and email alert
- The Pleasant Grove ISD website
- Pleasant Grove ISD Facebook
- Local television stations: KTBS, KTAL, KSLA
- The Texarkana Gazette
Because of the uncertainty of weather conditions, we ask that parents and staff monitor the above means of communication before leaving for school or sending children to the bus stop. If there is no announcement from Pleasant Grove ISD, classes will be held on a normal schedule.