2022 Summer School Program
Goal: Provide quality academic instruction for PGISD students in need of academic assistance and opportunities for credit acceleration.
Program: A certified teacher will provide assisted instruction in core subject areas and elective subjects. The self-paced program will provide an instructional component for credit acceleration for students who wish to complete a course without prior instruction.
Course Offerings: All Core Courses and Spanish will be offered for Credit Recovery.
Credit Acceleration Courses:
1. Communication Application (Speech- 0.5 credit)
2. Foundations of Personal Fitness (FPF- 0.5 credit)
$150.00 per half credit
$300.00 per full credit
The fee must be paid in full before classes begin on June 6, 2022. Once the student starts a class, money will not be refunded.
Date: JUNE 6, 2022 through THURSDAY, June 30, 2022
- EARLY ENROLLMENT BEGINS Monday, MAY 2nd.
- LATE ENROLLMENT BEGINS JUNE 6th AND WILL INCUR A $25.00 LATE PROCESSING FEE
Instruction: Classroom instruction in core curriculum subjects and elective subjects completed through computer assisted instructional programs incorporating the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills. Virtual instruction through the Edmentum online program. You will receive login and password information via email on how to access your account and begin taking the course(s).
Limitations: Credit Recovery will require scores at or above the 70th percentile.
Credit Acceleration will require scores at or above the 80th percentile.
Students may only register for two credits each summer.
- Summer school is in session online from June 6-30th.
- When a student begins attending class there will be no refunds.
- Credits earned in summer school do not count towards rank or GPA.
- Students entering Grades 8, 9, 10, & 11 for the first time must pass the course and obtain a passing standard or higher on the corresponding EOC test to receive credit for summer school coursework.