- TEA accredits public schools in Texas at the district level for grades K-12.
- Pleasant Grove is an Accredited District with an Overall Performance Rating "B - Above Standard" for 2019-2020.
- Districts earn a B (80-89) for recognized performance when they serve many students well, encourage high academic achievement and/or appropriate academic growth for most students.
- For more information, visit TEA Website-Accreditation Status (search by district name)
- Notice About 2020 Accountability:
All districts and campuses will be assigned a label of Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster for 2020 accountability as was shared in the April 2 To the Administrator Addressed (TAA).
- 2021 Accountability:
TEA is working with stakeholders, advisory committees, the U.S. Department of Education (USDE), and other states to gather feedback, identify issues, and develop solutions for the impact of COVID-19 on 2021 accountability.
2019 Accountability Ratings
- The Texas Education Agency (TEA) released results of the latest version of State Accountability. The state has determined it best to give a district an A-F letter grade. The TEA A-F ratings are based on three factors, or "domains.” "Student achievement" and "school progress" combine for 70 percent of the rating, while "closing the gaps" makes up 30 percent. For more information on the new rating system, visit TEA website: A-F Accountability Resources.
- Pleasant Grove earned an A rating from the Texas Education Agency.
- This year campuses received letter grades for the first time.
- Campus Ratings:
- Pleasant Grove Elementary: A (91)
- Pleasant Grove Intermediate: A (91)
- Pleasant Grove Middle School: B (82)
- Pleasant Grove High School: B (88)
In addition, campuses earned six distinctions this year. Distinctions are earned based on scoring in the top quartile of a state-assigned comparison group. Comparable schools are selected from across the state and usually do not include neighboring schools or even schools within the district.
The TEA provides annual academic accountability ratings to its public school districts, charters, and private schools. For more information, visit TXschools.gov.
Texas Academic Performance Report
The 2019-2020 Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR) are now available at the link below. TAPR combines details of district and campus academic performance with financial reports and information about staff, programs, and demographics.
TEA Website-Texas Academic Performance Report (select to search by campus or district and then enter campus/district name)
Paper copies can be requested from the Curriculum Department Accountability at 903-831-4086 from Shan Barton.